View Immigration advisers authority home page
For advisers small banner

What do I do if I want or need to change supervisors?

Clause 13 of the Licensed Immigration Advisers Code of Conduct 2014 sets out what you need to do to change supervisors.

Under clause 13 of the Code provisional licence holders must:

  • act in accordance with the supervision agreement as approved by the Registrar
  • inform the Registrar when any notice is given that the supervision agreement is to be terminated
  • not give immigration advice for any period of time in which they do not have in place a supervision agreement approved by the Registrar
  • provide any new supervision agreement to the Registrar for approval.


You may submit a request to change your supervisor online at iaa.govt.nz under “My profile”. You must upload a new supervision arrangement and a completed Form 101A: Supervision Arrangement Application below.

Please note that you will not be able to renew your licence unless you have an approved supervision agreement in place.