23 December 2013
This toolkit has been developed to help licensed immigration advisers identify and resolve professional ethical issues.
The Immigration Advisers Authority (the Authority) has developed this Ethics Toolkit to assist licensed immigration advisers (advisers) to:
- understand the distinction between the personal values and ethics that they hold as individuals, and the professional ethics that they must adhere to as members of the licensed immigration advice profession
- identify and resolve professional ethical issues.
Advisers may encounter professional ethical issues in:
- their day-to-day business interactions
- complying with their professional responsibilities in accordance with the law and the Licensed Immigration Advisers Code of Conduct (the Code).
By elaborating on the professional responsibilities of advisers, the Authority seeks to:
- foster transparency, consistency and professionalism
- encourage meaningful discussion that will contribute positively to the on-going development of the immigration advice profession
- contribute to better overall outcomes for the New Zealand immigration system
- encourage the sharing of information to enhance the continuing professional development of advisers.