This privacy statement applies to personal information collected through the Immigration Advisers Authority website.
When you provide personal information, we undertake to:
- store the information securely ourselves and not disclose it to any third party;
- only use the information to communicate with you in the way indicated; and
- store the information only for as long as is required to complete the task (but please note that site enquiries and feedback may be filed with related material for future use when monitoring overall feedback trends, user satisfaction, and similar).
Information the Authority may collect about you will not be disclosed to any other person in a form that will identify you except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to such disclosure, or
- Where such disclosure is required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required or permitted by law.
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections to that information
(unless we have a good reason for refusing your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993).
If you want to check personal information that we hold about you, please contact us.
Registrar of Immigration Advisers
Immigration Advisers Authority
PO Box 6222
For information on the privacy laws in New Zealand, please visit the Privacy Commissioner's website(external link).
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site;
- the device you used to access the site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OSX);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- the incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
- The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by the Authority and wider Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
MBIE websites have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. In order to maintain the cyber security of MBIE systems and information, MBIE systems are subject to ongoing monitoring (including activity logging), analysis and auditing.
We may use information about your use of our websites and other IT systems to prevent unauthorised access or attacks on these systems or to resolve such events. We may use this information even if you are not involved in such activity.
MBIE may utilise services from one or more 3rd party suppliers to monitor or maintain the cyber security of its systems and information. These 3rd party suppliers will have access to monitoring and logging information as well as information processed on MBIE websites and other IT systems.
Browser or ‘web’ cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are generally used to improve your experience of a website (e.g., by remembering preferences you’ve set) and to track site usage.
You can read Google’s privacy statement, and access a Google’s opt-out tools, at the Google Privacy Center(external link).
You can manually disable cookies at any time - check your browser's 'Help' to find out how (disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use this website).
This website may utilise remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. It allows third-party vendors, including Google, to show the Authority’s ads on sites across the internet. This is done by this site and third-party vendors, including Google, using first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to this website.