View Immigration advisers authority home page

Immigration Advisers Authority Announcement

ALERTS: Due to our current volume of applications our processing time frames are a lot longer than usual. The processing time frames are currently exceeding our usual timeframes. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

RealMe service upgrade
You will no longer be able to access RealMe through an Internet Explorer browser. Please use, or download a different internet browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Information on how to download a new browser

Can I give advice small banner

Information for employers

What to do when your employee needs immigration advice.

If you are an employer you cannot give immigration advice to customers or colleagues without a licence.

Immigration advice can only be given by licensed professionals or those exempt from holding a licence under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act.

Being an accredited employer with Immigration New Zealand does not mean that you can provide ‘immigration advice’ without a licence.

Who needs to be licensed has more about the dos and don’ts of helping migrants.