View Immigration advisers authority home page

Immigration Advisers Authority Announcement

ALERTS: Due to our current volume of applications our processing time frames are a lot longer than usual. The processing time frames are currently exceeding our usual timeframes. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

RealMe service upgrade
You will no longer be able to access RealMe through an Internet Explorer browser. Please use, or download a different internet browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Information on how to download a new browser

About us small banner

Contact us

Get in touch with us if you would like more information or have a question.

Pages you might find helpful

We cannot provide immigration advice, or recommend a particular licensed adviser – please see this page for who can provide immigration advice in New Zealand

Check out this page if you are wondering if you require a licence in New Zealand

To find out more information about applying for licensing in New Zealand, this page can help. If you have an Australian registration, read this page instead

If you would like to renew, upgrade or reapply for licensing click one of these links.

Contact Immigration New Zealand

For help with your visa or immigration matter, contact Immigration New Zealand(external link). We cannot give immigration advice.

Immigration New Zealand Logo


Freephone (New Zealand landlines only): 0508 558 855

From overseas:
09069 100 100 – from UK
+64 9 914 4100 – from rest of world

Contact the Immigration Advisers Authority

IAA Logo




Freephone (New Zealand): 0508 422422
From overseas: +64 9 925 3838
Monday to Thursday: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm NZT
Friday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm NZT

Postal address

Immigration Advisers Authority
PO Box 6222
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142
New Zealand

Please do not send your passport or visa applications to us. Contact Immigration New Zealand(external link) for the correct address.

Courier address

Immigration Advisers Authority
Level 8
167b Victoria Street
Auckland CBD
Auckland 1010
New Zealand

Media enquiries

Communications Group media@mbie.govt.nz

Translation Service

If English isn't your first language, we have a free telephone interpreting service available. Interpreters are available for many different languages. Call us after 9.00am, ask for a translator and tell us which language you speak. Hold the line and we'll get an interpreter within a couple of minutes.

Video Relay Service

If you are Deaf or hearing impaired, after 9.00am we can use the Video Relay Service to provide information. Visit the NZ Relay website to see how it works(external link)