Establishing a supervision arrangement
Supervision will be successful if it is planned carefully in a professional way. Both the supervisor and provisional licence applicant should formally plan how the objectives of the supervision programme can be achieved in a way that clarifies each other’s expectations.
At the outset, it is important that both parties agree on:
- when and how often you will both meet to review progress
- what you should bring to meetings
- what “style” of supervision will suit both parties
- what you should expect of each other
- the goals and outcomes from the relationship
- who is responsible for what.