How must an immigration adviser behave?
The code of conduct ensures that your licensed immigration adviser will:
- show you evidence that they are licensed
- be honest, professional, diligent and respectful
- conduct themselves with due care and in a timely manner
- provide you with objective advice
- declare any conflicts of interest, including any commission they will receive, and seek your approval to continue to act for you
- provide you with a written agreement for you to sign before any work is started which sets out the services to be provided and the fees
- charge fees that are fair and reasonable
- provide you with invoices with full descriptions of what the fees relate to
- let you know when your application has been lodged and provide you with on-going timely updates
- keep your personal documents safe and return them to you in a secure manner.