Risks of using unlicensed people who are not exempt
The risks of using a person who is not licensed or exempt are:
- Your visa application will be returned by Immigration New Zealand (INZ). INZ does not accept applications from unlicensed people acting illegally.
- Unlicensed people may not be honest with you or INZ. Lying on your visa application is a criminal offence and dishonesty may affect your future visas or jobs.
- Your application may be declined because the unlicensed person has no immigration knowledge or skills.
Stay away from anyone who:
- refuses to put their name on your visa application
- claims to have personal contacts at INZ
- asks you to sign a visa application before it has been filled out. You should never sign a document you don’t understand