Search the register.

The Code of Conduct 2014 came into effect on Monday 13 January 2014

You may wish to sign up for an online workshop on the 2014 Code or take a look at the
2014 Code of Conduct Toolkit.


These pages are dedicated to licensed immigration advisers, also known as immigration consultants or registered migration agents.

Among other things, you can discover how to:

Anyone providing immigration advice about New Zealand immigration matters must be licensed unless they are exempt.  Find out more by reading Your Guide to Licensed Immigration Advisers. People needing to be licensed may include education agents, recruiters, and travel workers. Immigration New Zealand will not accept applications or requests from people who are neither licensed nor exempt.

If you are not exempt and you knowingly provide immigration advice without a licence, you could face a fine of up to NZ$100,000 and/or up to seven years imprisonment.

Read who needs to be licensed to find out more.